Search This Blog

Monday, August 28, 2017

Game of Thrones season 7 episode 7 The Dragon and the Wolf

First, the obligatory ***SPOILER WARNING: This is all about the TV show Game of Thrones season 7 finale (episode 7).  Also. disclaimer.

I'm feeling scatterbrained at the moment, so forgive the following post, please.  I have a feeling I missed something.  But anyway, I'll have a year (maybe more) to get organized before the next season, right?  xD

First things first.
- I cried at least 3 times (probably more):

  • Theon - "You don't need to choose.  You're a Greyjoy, and you're a Stark." --Jon Snow
  • Sam and Bran talking about Jon being Aegon Targaryen.
  • Arya and Sansa bonding, and remembering Ned.
See, this is what I mean when I say all manner of Starks made me cry in this episode.  
- I was most scared for Jaime.
- Ew at boatsex.  People have been saying it will happen.  I hoped not.  But it did.  Ew.
I didn't need to see that.  >.>  Can't wait until after they get married?  Eh.  Maybe Jon thought he was going to die soon...


Anyway...

King's Landing:
- I was confused.  I thought Cersei accepted the truce.  I didn't get the impression that Jon's refusal to extend the truce to after the dead are defeated, is a requirement to Cersei's truce with Dany.  If I heard her right, she said, "The dead will come North first, enjoy dealing with them.  We will deal with whatever is left of you."  So it seems to me, she still accepts the truce with Dany.  Isn't that what they wanted?  So why were they all ganging up on Jon for not lying?
- Cersei didn't order Tyrion to be killed not because deep down she loves him as part of her family (she doesn't) but because if she does have him killed, she knows that she'll have to deal with the Unsullied and Dothraki just outside the gates, and 2 dragons.  And she doesn't have her Golden Company with her yet.  Compare this to later with Jaime.
- They're fucked however way they look at it.  What did they expect will come out of this?  I guess it is some comfort that Cersei has seen the wight and that might make her think twice about whatever else she's planning.  Of course, that doesn't automatically mean whatever she does will not be against them.  Most likely she'll still work against them, and do whatever for her own benefit.  I feel like they're just going around in circles then.  >.<
- Again, I'm confused.  When Cersei said that she'll fight alongside the others in the Great War, I thought this would be the time she'd turn on them, just like the Red Wedding.  But then she stopped Jaime from bringing the armies to the North.  How will she accomplish that kind of betrayal then?  Oh well.  I guess she has something else in mind.  :/
- By the way, pretty sure Qyburn was fascinated by the wight, not scared.  He probably gathered up the remains later to study it.
- Going back to the comparison.  Unlike Tyrion, Cersei loves Jaime.  Yet she went halfway to ordering Ser Gregor to kill him.  I was so afraid for Jaime there.  I thought he would die.  o.O  Glad he didn't.  And glad that he's riding north.  Widow's Wail is joining the Great War.

Winter has reached the South.  :/

Theon is going after Euron.  Hmm... if he succeeds, perhaps Cersei will never get her Golden Company.  And also... Theon discovered the benefits of having no cock.  xD
This episode is all about cocks, it seems... what was it Jaime said?  xD

Winterfell:
- Seeing Bran in the great hall gave me comfort.  Then when Sansa said "Lord Baelish", I knew.  =)  I was happy.  =)  So it seems that the siblings do talk to each other off screen.  =)  Bye bye Petyr Baelish.  =)  Should I feel bad about being happy at the thought of Littlefinger's demise?
- Speaking of feeling bad, I think Sansa feels bad.  She didn't want to do it.  Maybe she loved Littlefinger even a little?  He did take her out of King's Landing, and was a mentor to her.  But she had to do it.  He brought it onto himself.
- I wanted Sansa to be the one to kill Littlefinger.  But I guess how it turned out is just the way it should be.  Arya is the executioner.

Sam is in Winterfell!  Jorah's on his way to Winterfell.  Sam can still give Heartsbane to him!  =D  Or will Sam really actually fight???
Whichever is the case, all Valyrian steel swords (and dagger) are either in or on its way to Winterfell, right?  Woohoo!

I guess I heard 'ice dragon' way too much that I assumed Viserion will be an ice dragon.  He's not.  It's not ice, it's blue fire.  I wonder what the maesters in the Citadel will think now.  

Oh!  And I almost forgot... the Hound is proud of Arya!  :D




No comments:

Post a Comment