Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Updates and Expectations

Here on the last few days of downtime in terms of TV shows.  FTWD will be resuming in a few days.  Just wanted to post some updates and thoughts.  :)




Fear The Walking Dead

The first half of season 3 was very good compared to the first 2 seasons.  I didn't care much for the first 2 seasons, to be honest.

I'm still sad that they killed off Travis.  The character seemed to be at the height of development.  But I suppose that is life - you don't know when you'll go.  It just happens even if you still have things to do.
At first, I was hoping there was a way for him to have survived both the gunshot wound and the fall.  Within a few episodes, they showed someone falling from a height (at the dam), and apparently surviving (that is, not immediately dying from) the fall, only to be eaten by the undead at the bottom.  I was thinking, could he have fallen on something softer than the ground?  And if he survived the fall, maybe some good samaritan found him and nursed his wounds.  One can hope, but I doubt that's the case.  He's probably dead.  Would we see him as a walker later on?

The promo for season 3B is quite spoilery.  But who knows, maybe it's meant to mislead.  Warning: possible SPOILERS ahead.

The villain of 3B is apparently Troy.  I thought Madison would be able to control him, but from the promo, apparently he goes off on his own.  He may even be the one responsible for luring walkers to the ranch (loud gunshot).
Definitely, he and his brother are at odds.  Another thing I hoped would not happen.  While they are opposites of each other, I was hoping that Troy would still somehow listen to his brother since Jake pretty much looked after him when they were kids.

As for Jake, he gets bitten in the promo.  Does that mean he dies?  And I was hoping the brothers can stay in the show for a while longer beyond season 3.  I'll guess we'll find out soon.  Perhaps he'll survive.  Of course, Nick or Troy would have to cut off his arm quickly if that's to happen.

I am still unsure if Qaletaqa Walker is good or bad.  History doesn't answer this question clearly.  His actions in 3A and in the 3B promo don't either.  I'll guess we'll have to see.

Then, of course, we can expect conflict within the ranch because of water, and conflict with the dam community, also because of water.  The dam is how Madison and co. will meet back up with Daniel.  Looking forward to Ofelia seeing her father again.

And I have no idea how Strand will meet up with the group again.  Is the ranch not that far from the coast?

Anyway, few more days and we will see.

Once Upon A Time

I am not yet updated with this show.  Season 5 might have been the last I saw.  I need to look for season 6 first.  However, I read somewhere that season 7 is supposed to be a soft reboot in that all but 3(?) of the original characters are gone?  Hmm... makes me wonder if I'd like to continue watching or not...

Supernatural

Spent a few days binge-watching this so I am finally updated.  :)

Sam and Dean are, of course, still around.  Interesting... they didn't die this time  :P  But Cas is dead.  :(  Crowley is dead.  :(  Rowena is dead.  :(  Lucifer and Mary are trapped in an alternate universe.  And Jack, the nephilim, is here.

I would like to think that Cas was right about Jack.  Not necessarily that he's good per se, but that he's not necessarily evil automatically, and that he can be good as long as he is guided to be good.  Looking forward to Sam and Dean being big brothers/mentors to him.  :)

Cas is dead.  :(  Unless Chuck brings him back, our Cas is dead.  And I doubt He will bring him back this time.  :(
However, I think we will see the Cas from the alternate universe.  I'm hoping he's the same, though probably different.  I mean, I hope he is still good.  I would be sad if he turns out to be a villain.  :/  Angels there, after all, seem to like walking around on Earth with a necklace made of baby ears.  :S  (I think that's what their Bobby said, right?)  But perhaps the Cas there is also a bit of a rebel, and is unlike the other angels.  He wouldn't have the same history and friendship with Sam and Dean but perhaps, he can eventually be a friend.

Crowley is dead.  :(  He was a lot of fun.  But his death (and Cas) feels pointless because Lucifer didn't even die or get trapped because of their sacrifices.  It was Mary, ultimately, who pushed Lucifer into that other universe and trapped him there.
There seems to be some controversy surrounding the actor's departure from the show.  Would this prevent him from coming back?  Because if Cas from the alternate universe could possibly come to our universe, then maybe their Crowley can come, too.  Of course, I would expect that Crowley to be a full-on villain.

Rowena is dead.  :(  That we didn't see her actually die makes me wonder if she is really dead.  Or could she have made a decoy of some kind and that was what Lucifer 'killed'.  Maybe we could still see her in the future, if that is the case.  But I'm not sure how she can be enticed (or coerced) to work with Sam and Dean if Crowley is gone.  :/

As for Mary, I think trying to rescue her might be the reason why they'd try to open the portal to that other universe again, and thus provide the way to get the alternate characters (Cas, etc.), Mary, and god forbid, Lucifer, into this world.

Btw, I'm sure the British Men of Letters are still around, though I'm hoping they stay out of the way for the time being.


No comments:

Post a Comment